Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A vastness of wonder

The breaking dawn lights the darkness as I witness the flames of day chasing the terminus from its lofty perch. My time in these hills has come to an end and their closeness I have come to know, come to relish. The valleys that were my home coddled me in their richness; a splendor that had come to dull the senses. That I have spent these days in a vacuum of companionship save for my contact with Authurn is an achievement of consequence. I have relied on myself for conversation and fellowship.

At last I sit at the edge of my confines, my mind seething with the possibilities of the dawn. The light hovers just below the horizon as it streaks its power across the desert of night. The horizon begins to glow as my eyes begin to transition from the night, the stars that were my curtain beginning to give way. I peer from the depths, the edge of the last valley, the last of the Sirris that has held my hand upon this journey.

The day bursts upon the world as there is nothing save the horizon to hold back the morning. The lands before me are as wide as an ocean, the openness nearly more than my eyes can take it. The grasses bow beneath a gentle breeze as it runs freely across the plain, the tops of the feathered stalks rolling as ripples across a waterless sea. A vastness such as this have I never seen before.

A new horizon I have before me beckons. Where shall this course take me? What trails will I find within its vastness? Perhaps the dawn shall light my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment